Very poorly Nomad 45

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Reaction score
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103541694/Nomad 1.JPG
Hope the photo works ok.

Hi guys, first post.

I've got a problem with my Nomad 45.

Blue disc shaped thing rattling around in the amp. I know where it came from as I've looked at other photos on the net. Is it safe to re-solder back in and can it be soldered the wrong way round? It is difficult to solder in place so is it worth soldering in two extension wires to make it easier? Is this a job for an amp tech given that there also appears to be some burning on the white cable connector?

I'm good with a soldering iron but have no knowledge of amps.

Please advise, many thanks

There are potentially fatal voltages inside your amp, even if it has been off and sitting for some time. You need to discharge the power supply caps.

All things considered in your OP, I would take this to a tech so you don't ruin it or kill yourself.

:D

SixVeeSix said:
All things considered in your OP, I would take this to a tech so you don't ruin it or kill yourself.

Yes.

This is really the best advice. If the loose component looks like a "blue disc shaped thing" to you (rather than, say, a varistor), it is definitely best not to try to solder it yourself. A number of things could go wrong, most likely resulting in more damage to your amp. Besides, it would be a very good idea to have the whole amp checked by a pro before trying to power it up.

Thanks guys, I don't want blue hair today so I'll have it off to a tech.

Latest posts

Back