Subway Rocket speaker replacement question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saintpatrick

Reaction score
I have NR subway rocket and think I would be happier with another speaker in there. The speaker in there now is the stock Eminence/Mesa Black Shadow and it sounds a bit flat with a bass response that is more "Thunk". Has anyone replaced with an alnico to warm up the sound, make the bass bloom more, and increase sensitivity without it sounding muddy? I have had Tone Tubby Reds in another amp and really liked them, Also have had a 'lil Buddy buddy by Eminence and really disliked that (too muddy). Any recommendations?

I put a Peavey Scorpion 10" in mine, sounded fuller than the stock speaker.

Then I pulled it back out and sold it. If I ever get another Subway it will be the Subway Blues, I liked that one better. Put the Scorpion in it as well, also an improvement.

I have a Scorpion Plus 10" laying around, not sure if that would fit but it would make a great boat anchor out of a Subway - HUGE magnet.

Try mounting the speaker on the front of the baffle instead of the back, a little more cubic inches inside that way.

Latest posts

Back