Mark V effects loop issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justplay

Reaction score
I've been having some issues with the effects loop of my Mark V....
( I also cross posted this in the Line 6 forums as well )...

Been running my L6 pod hd500 thru the amp via 4 cable method, just for EFFECTS ONLY. Normally it works great, sometimes it doesn't work so great. One week, everything sounds great and the next week I'll get diminished volume with a warbly sound effect. with nothing being changed, setting or cable wise.

The sound clip has me strumming clean channel with effects loop ( chorus ) engaged then I'll disengage the effects loop on my mark v pedal and you can hear the clean channel come in just fine. I cannot isolate what is causing this. It seems to come and go with NO changes bring done to my line 6 hd500 or my mesa head. I recorded this clip with my phone, so sound quality isn't the best. After I recorded this, I took my effects out of my mesa loop and ran it thru the front of my amp. It worked. I then plugged my effects back in via 4 cable method like I always do and it WORKED!!??? I didn't change anything on the mesa or pod 500. I replaced all the tubes in my amp with a my friend's new mesa tubes still had this issue.

I will in a few days try this 4cm with my friend's express 5:50 to see if I can replicate this issue on his amp...

Here's the sound clip in question.
http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/74145741/file.html

Latest posts

Back