Mesa Nomad 55 Combo to Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spikboycivic

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was previously registered here with another user name, but can´t remember the details so had to open a new account. Ooops

Anyway, a while back I was looking at getting a more ballsy tone on my Nomad 55, especially on channel 3. I bought a Joyo Ultimate Overdrive pedal that helps (when it behaves) but it gives too much feedback and extra hiss for my liking. The sound of channel 3 was really dark and not well defined bass wise. So I plugged it into my friends Harley Benton 2x12 vintage 30 cab and the thing came alive. That´s when I decided that for heavy and metal sounds I needed to get the sound coming from a better enclosure than the half open back of the combo.

So, I bought myself a Vintage 30 speaker and have got the rectifier 2x12 cab dimesnions off the internet and am going to build my own closed back cab with a vintage 30 and the C90 I already have in the combo. Of course, now I won´t be using the combo as a combo I want to also turn the amp into a head unit.

Could anybody possibly send me photos and dimensions of a mesa nomad 55 head? I have looked on the internet to no avail.

Thanks in advance

For the width and depth (front to back of amp) there is no problem as I will just measure from my combo. What I really need is the height and some photos. The reason being I don´t want to make it too "short" otherwise valve changes could be fun (not leaving enough clearance space) and then I wanted to see how the reverb tank is done "upside down" as that could also add height if I don´t so it this way.

Therefore I thought following the factory dimensions would be better than me taking a stab at it. :)

Don't have a Nomad, sorry. But.....you might try the DC section or Vintage Amps section.
Just about any Widebody head will do.....
You could probably run a thread in the Boogie Classifieds as well. Maybe somebody has one for cheap.

Spikboycivic said:
For the width and depth (front to back of amp) there is no problem as I will just measure from my combo. What I really need is the height and some photos. The reason being I don´t want to make it too "short" otherwise valve changes could be fun (not leaving enough clearance space) and then I wanted to see how the reverb tank is done "upside down" as that could also add height if I don´t so it this way.

Therefore I thought following the factory dimensions would be better than me taking a stab at it. :)
The internal height of a mesa head that will suit your Nomad is 195mm. (chuck that in a metric to inches converter)

I converted my Nomad 55 to a head. I used a standard Mesa Nomad/Maverick head shell. I sold the Nomad combo but still have the head shell.

Not sure what photos you need so if you describe the shot you would like I shall try to take it for you.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back