New Amp Question...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironjose

Reaction score
Hey you guys...

Well I was trying to sell my amp for so long that I decided not sell it after all... but a friend of mine ask me last thursday if I still was selling it... so it made me think... why not?

The amp is a Roadster 2x12 combo... had it for a year and has it issues with me... but never the less i like the tone and sweet mother of gain!!! but its heavy... really heavy!!!

Well I was thinking if I sell it, I want to get another tube amp... I have in mind a Dual Rec Multi Watt or (dont hate me) a 5150 III 50 watt head...

It passed my mind the new Mini Rec but I feel 25 watts might not be as loud or deliver the gain I'm going after... so the DRMW and the 5150 are the two choices I have for bucks I'm going to get for the Roadster and don't get me wrong I'M PRETTY MUCH IN LOVE WITH BOOGIE TONE...

the 5150 has midi function which would help me a lot... but I already have a rig for the Roadster so i've be using that for the DR....

so what do you guys think and recommend...

If you liked the sound of the Roadster but don't want the weight or need the second clean channel then the Dual Recto sounds like a good option.

We auditioned a guitarist who brought a Mini Recto and 2x12 cab. He kept up just fine with my halfstack, bassist, drummer, and PA.

I've heard the Recto Horizontal 2 x 12s are a great match for the mini and I bet they would make enough noise for a reasonable band. (I heard about one guy here where both guitarists were running 2 triple recto fullstacks to keep up with the drummer)

25 watts is really not so much a difference from 100 watts. Basically, a 10 watt head is half as loud as a 100 watt head so when a cranked Recto can put out approx 126db, the mini should be able to put out about what, 113 - 119? depending on whether it is running at 10 watts or 25 watts. That's PLENTY louder than enough for most normal bands!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzZz4ukGaLU

Latest posts

Back