Rectoverb 25 Dual Rec Videos Released On Youtube!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, this is WAY cool. I REALLY like the trim / cosmetics of it and the combo looks like a great small format option. I like how they're coping the tremoverb vibe in a portable / giggable package. Way cool!

YellowJacket said:
Yes, this is WAY cool. I REALLY like the trim / cosmetics of it and the combo looks like a great small format option. I like how they're coping the tremoverb vibe in a portable / giggable package. Way cool!

I've been waiting for this for such a long time, as I am a HUGE Tremoverb fan. CANNOT wait to try one out! It also sounds surprisingly big, too!

Super cool little amp! I like the aesthetics much better than the mini-rec. Sounds great too!

Wow, does looks like a ToV.

... but curious, it says "Dual Rectifier" so does that mean it has the tube rectifier / silicon option? I don't see these feature on this new MESA amp. Yeah, I know, most guitarists stay with solid state rectifier but it would be cool having this feature. It would be ideal for me with tube - silicon switch and due away with 10 watt setting.

downsized from Roadking II a while back to Mesa Express 1x10...

Been eyeing the mini rec for a while. Now with verb, may pull the trigger on this instead...

No tube rectifier option or spongy/tweed option on this model, but don't let that dissuade you from checking out the amp. You may decide you don't miss the tube rectifier. As much as I love tube rectifiers, one of my favorite power amps of all time is the 50/50, which has no tube rectifier.

Mike Soldano said that there are things you can do to simulate the feel and sound of a tube rectifier using solid state rectifiers and circuit modifications (http://www.soldano.com/amp-help/tube-vs-solid-state-rectifiers/). I've never tried simulating the feel of a tube rectifier like Soldano said, but something tells me he knows what he's talking about. 8)

Hope this helps.

For what they have that priced at there are way better options. They should have set that in the 6-700 dollar range.

ryjan said:
For what they have that priced at there are way better options. They should have set that in the 6-700 dollar range.

let's hear 'em!

kk said:
ryjan said:

let's hear 'em!
What? My opinion on what I believe to be a better value?
Jet City
Orange Dual Terror or Dark Terror
Egnater Tweaker or Rebel
A slew of Blackstar amps
Line 6 DT25

That's just off the top of my head of what I'd rather spend my money on. If I could find a Mini Rec that didn't have the volume problems or the horrible noise on the gain channel for less than $900 then I'd be interested.

There is simply no way they could offer a MR+ combo with more features for less money than an MR head. I am actually surprised that it is not a bit more expensive. $250 gets you reverb and a 1x12 combo.

This looks really cool and I want one. I have been looking for a decent 1x12 cab for my MR head for clubbing.

Compared to some of the amps ryjan listed, this has quite a bit more to offer. Add a 1x12 cab and reverb to a terror, then it's not a lot less expensive, more difficult to lug and set up. At that point I think it's within striking distance of the RV 25, and just a question of which tone you prefer.

I do agree that if you like the terrors et al, you get a lot more bang for the buck.

The terrors are in same ballpark and I do like their tones.

I have played the DT 25 but not with a band or gig situation so I don't have a ton to say there other than the Line 6 (digital) stuff has always suited me better for home practice / demo recording rather than live or cranked up at volume.

Not all that familiar with blackstar or jet city.

I just dig the idea of EL84 recto with reverb in small format. Hope they hit stores soon to try out.

Yeah, too bad. Like I said, if they were playing in the $799-$899 range it would be a best seller world wide.

Click to buy page on sweetwater and it says they are on pre-order and not in stock.

Authorized Boogie said:
The Revto-Verb 25 combos began shipping on Monday, and heads will be shipping in a few weeks. Thanks!
Thanks for that update!

Can you give any info on these "Fillmore" speakers? Maybe how the compare to the V30 & C90 (& EV12L)?

Thanks,
Dom

domct203 said:
Authorized Boogie said:
The Revto-Verb 25 combos began shipping on Monday, and heads will be shipping in a few weeks. Thanks!
Thanks for that update!

Can you give any info on these "Fillmore" speakers? Maybe how the compare to the V30 & C90 (& EV12L)?

Thanks,
Dom

Yes, indeed!

The Fillmore 75 is the culmination of a nine year effort that saw over 500 custom prototypes from the world's leading speaker manufacturers. We drove 'em crazy with our fanatical demands! Finally, our old friends in Eminence Kentucky (USA!) captured the magic of our Golden Reference speakers that date back to the peak of the hand-built British era.

Our new FM-75 is a vintage voiced speaker providing slightly lower lows, more punch, and a more balanced, less-scooped mid-range. Best of all, the highs have a vocal quality with harmonics that don't "separate" from the fundamental tones, eliminating that thin mosquito buzz of today's offshore speakers in high-gain applications.

We're excited to present this first offering in the coming full range of Mesa Fillmore speakers. We've stressed over this project for nearly a decade, realizing we needed to develop our own speakers to best compliment our amplifiers. And we're pleased and proud that, once again, Made In USA triumphs!

http://mesaboogie.com/news/2013/11/mesa-boogie-fillmore-75-speakers/

Latest posts

Back