Need help! for TA-30 Transatlantic head problem!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogiewoogie240111

Reaction score
The problem is about my new TA-30 head . may be you advice me to your amp repairman (email) & I’ll talk to him myself. Or if you have time, please read my problem. The symptom is when I used it in 15 or 40 watt, sometimes the sound was cut out , no sound for about 10 seconds or totally shut off for long time. The power was still on. While it was cut out, there’s some hum hissing noise came out too. So I changed to 30 watt and can use both channels, the sound is on, but that hissing noise still appeared. But when the amp turned back to normal condition, I can use 15 & 40 watt as usual.
The worse is this symptom happens more often lately. This makes me feel insecure to use it on stage.
When this problem occurred, there would be a clicking sound like changing switch. The power not decreased, volume still the same only shut off for 10 sec. or longer. At first, I thought it was the problem of the power tubes, (idle tubes or something). So I’ve tried replaced 4 tubes of EL-84 from other Mesa amps. The PROBLEM is not gone. I tried spraying a professional contact cleaner on F/X Send/Return. The symptom is not cured.
I don’t dare sending it to the dealer’s or other repairman. Since the problem is not obvious, cannot anticipate when it’s gonna happen. I think they might not understand the condition.
Please advice.

Hi Authrized Boogie. Thank you for your advice. I've talked to my dealer's repairman, he said in my case of low incoming line voltage as Mesa update, it might be ::
1. add of electrolite capacitor 1000-2000 micro / 25 V. and add a few small parts.
2. Also may have to add a metal plate and move transformer.
But in case of the hum hissing noise occur while sound shut off on 15 & 40 watt but 30 watt with some noise. While it is in normal condition, no noise at all.
What do you think? Should we move the transformer?
As far as I talk to him, we're not sure how far to fix this problem.
I have an appointment to take my TA30 to repair within 1-2 day so I really really need your advice ASAP.
Thank you again.

Latest posts

Back