Single Rectifier Loop Mod Possibly Gone Wrong

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandoismetal

Reaction score
Hello all.

I recently took my amp to a local shop to get the mod done since I don't have a soldering iron or the time to actually sit down and do it myself.
Also, I'm not too familiar with soldering stuff so I didn't want to take any risks. The tech that did the work is actually quite good.
However, I suspected he didn't do exactly what I asked since the mix put still works--a bit different, but still works.
I took the amp apart to see if he had followed Mesa's schematic (which I had emailed him along with a couple of pictures from another thread) and it doesn't seem like he did.
The there are still three cables going from the mix pot into the board. I'm sure he did something I'm just not sure what.
The pot still seems to bypass the loop entirely at 0% and it seems like the 100% setting is a lot closer to 100% mix--no more fan noises when using mod effects on a high setting.
It may be just me being paranoid, but it seems that even at 100% there seems to be a slight loss of tone. Less clear highs and a very faint out of phase sound.
Any clue as to what he might have done? I'd ask the guy, but he is a bit hard to get a hold of since his shop is at a different location than the guitar shop itself.

Latest posts

Back