Nomad 45 foot switch boost

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisinMO

Reaction score
My boost knob on the face of the amp for the foot switch is extremely sensitive. Very little movement makes a BIG difference in boost or cut. Is there any kind of mod I can do to give me more movement of the knob and less change in boost??? (Difficult to describe). More knob movement for less change in boost. Thanks.

The solo (boost) volume control does not 'kick in' until it passes the setting of the 'output' control. If someone was not aware of this, it could be perceived as a volume 'jump' when the solo setting reaches the output setting.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that the pot may be defective. My solo setting has the same range as does the output control.

In fact, I have used it (the solo setting) for balancing volumes when I switch to extreme mode. (I use the solo volume for normal mode, and use the footswitch to de-activate solo mode when I switch to extreme mode). Works well for when I need it.

Hope this helps.

bgh said:
The solo (boost) volume control does not 'kick in' until it passes the setting of the 'output' control. If someone was not aware of this, it could be perceived as a volume 'jump' when the solo setting reaches the output setting.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that the pot may be defective. My solo setting has the same range as does the output control.

In fact, I have used it (the solo setting) for balancing volumes when I switch to extreme mode. (I use the solo volume for normal mode, and use the footswitch to de-activate solo mode when I switch to extreme mode). Works well for when I need it.

Hope this helps.

Yep, mine works the same way. My output and boost controls both set at about 7:00 on a clock face. And just a minute adjustment makes a HUGE difference on either one. I' d like to spread that control out a little. Thanks for the reply.

Back