Mesa Thiele, is it a good deal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMz

Reaction score
Hello folks, I have the opportunity to get a thiele cab with the C90 speaker. I think it might be mid 90s. It has the mesa/boogie raised logo. The cab is in fair condition with several tolex rips. The grill cloth isn't damaged but is a little faded, the handle needs replacing and the the leather corners have seen better days. The dust cap on the speaker needs to the glued back since around 1/4 of the perimeter is unattached. Other than that it sound good. The guy is asking $200. I figured that is will cost around $60 of materials to refurbish it. So It will be around $260 for the whole thing. Is it a good price?

Thanks!

I wouldn't pay that much, but then again I live in the US mainland, P.R. might be different. If it had the EV speaker, then maybe. For reference, I paid $400 for two boogafunk EV thieles in mint condition with a heavy duty anvil case with casters.

Yep, after discussing the speaker issue with the owner, he offered the cab for $125. So I got it. My next project is re-glue the dust cap and refurbishing the cab. I think I did good.

I sold my mint condition 1x12 thiele cab with the 200 watt EV spkr in it (including the $40 Mesa slip cover and the original hang tag) for $375. Thing was a tank. Weighed a ton. Incredible low end. Think you did well in that deal (assuming you can fix the speaker ok ;)

Got the speaker fixed :D . I completely unglued the the dust cover and took it off. Put in some new speaker glue around the perimeter and re-attached it. Put a little pressure over night and done. I tested it last night full band and sounded really good. :wink:

Back