50W Recto Verb Combo --- Power Amp Section Only?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blf

Reaction score
Hi guys - wanted to try running my Modded JMP-1 thru just the power section of my Mesa 50W Version 2 Recto-Verb Combo. I remeber reading somewhere that you can just use the power section of the amp? How would I do that?

On any combo the FX return is essentially the input to the power amp.

If the FX loop is parallel, you may get some signal added from the preamp, so best to turn all the amp controls down.

You may also have a switching jack for either FX send or FX return. Stick a patch cable into the FX send jack if you need to.

elvis said:
On any combo the FX return is essentially the input to the power amp.

If the FX loop is parallel, you may get some signal added from the preamp, so best to turn all the amp controls down.

You may also have a switching jack for either FX send or FX return. Stick a patch cable into the FX send jack if you need to.

Ok so out of my jmp 1 to the FX return and keep it on Ch1 (Clean) in lowest Gain, treble, mid, bass etc ....... just the main volume will work right?

Not sure what the switching jack would be but put a patch cord leading to nothing into the FX send? Also, does the FX mix % knob do anything? Would you want that on full or minimum?

Back