Roadking EQ question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanK

Reaction score
Hey guys,

this is Bryan, new to this board and I just got me a Roadking 1. I connected it wrong the first time, leaving A with no cab connected (dummy and cab were B). I checked everything after that - all works fine, no fume, no smell - the amp is working fine.
Now, since this happened when I first got it, I'm asking myself - can sth. like that affect the channel voicings? I noticed in vintage channel 4 is slightly lower in volume than channel 3.

Thanks!

The volume difference is normal.
Not good reving that thing to redline without a load though. Put a few unnecessary miles on her and your power tubes but you should be ok.
I'll always triple check my speaker cord to make absolute sure that it's correct after I move my amp for just this reason. Way too easy to plug it into a wrong port or forget to plug the other end into the cab. :oops:
Anyway....besides that, pretty rockin amp right?

I'm still recovering from that incident, but I got some pretty cool tones from channel 1 and 3. The second channel is a bit dark and I haven't found a setting to really make it shine. Channel 4 is really nice in vintage for high gain with cool lows, but i get the feeling that the bass gets lost when in modern mode, still looking for a rumbling low end setting in this mode. Any suggestions?

I also have a RKI, there is plenty of bass on tap, if you need anymore you might just want to start playing bass guitar. Remember in a band you would be walking all over the bass player with too much.

As to the wrong connection, as long as the jack was plugged in that is the dummy load you should be ok.

Latest posts

Back