fx loop mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coker

Reaction score
new to owning a mesa and this forum. just bought a mesa nomad 100 was wondering if i can mod the amp to allow external on off switching of the effects loop

the rocktron is not midi controllable i would like to have a 1/4 inch jack on the back to either use an external switch or plug into a midi switcher or the back of my gt-10 witch has a amp switch controll function. it also wouldnt bother me if i could replace my solo function on my footswitch to turn the loop on or off. but would rather have the 1/4 inch jack on my amp

Coker said:
new to owning a mesa and this forum. just bought a mesa nomad 100 was wondering if i can mod the amp to allow external on off switching of the effects loop
Are you any good with a soldering iron?

If so, I would install this inside the amp.
http://www.muzique.com/schem/bypass.htm

The supplied microprocessor runs off 5V, so you could easily tweak the circuit to run on 5V instead of 9V (prob just eliminate & bypass the voltage regulator), then tap voltage off the amp's pilot lamp (6.3V) & rectify to DC.

Stick the board inside the chassis & add a 1/4 jack for your footswitch or MIDI interface.

I've used these as-is to build remote loop boxes for friends and they work great!

Dom

Back