Using DR (rebirth) as Power Amp?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anomaly

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Apologies if this question had been ask a dozen times.
How does DR compared with a regular power amp? I'm guessing lacking a presence knob it will sound dull?
Using an external Preamp like Randall RM4 and Axe FX?

The presence knob is still there. In fact, you have 3 to choose from, along with the ability to use the modern voicing of the power amp section.

Guitar-> preamp-> loop return of recto-> speaker cab

JMMP said:
The presence knob is still there. In fact, you have 3 to choose from, along with the ability to use the modern voicing of the power amp section.

Guitar-> preamp-> loop return of recto-> speaker cab

Are you sayin' that the presence knob on whichever channel it's on, works with the master volume when using an external preamp?

That's how it works with my roadster. Additionally, the mode selection contributes as well because the modern mode changes the power amp's setting (some stuff to do with the negative feedback loop). But I do remember hearing the function of the presence knob changes depending on the mode. Just try it all out. Hook up the outputs of the devices you mentioned (with any cab sims or power amp sims off) and that the loop is on (not bypassed) and in the circuit and you can decide for yourself how it sounds and how is compares to a dedicate power amp.

JMMP said:
That's how it works with my roadster. Additionally, the mode selection contributes as well because the modern mode changes the power amp's setting (some stuff to do with the negative feedback loop). But I do remember hearing the function of the presence knob changes depending on the mode. Just try it all out. Hook up the outputs of the devices you mentioned (with any cab sims or power amp sims off) and that the loop is on (not bypassed) and in the circuit and you can decide for yourself how it sounds and how is compares to a dedicate power amp.

Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back