DR vs Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironjose

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering which one is better (i know this is stupid) but "read me out"... I own a roadster combo 2x12 actually... and we all know that the Roadster it has a darker sound compare to the DR or other rectifiers as well... leaving aside the RK because they are kind of similiar... anyways i was reading that the Roadster can get the crunch the DR easily dials... or its hard to dial...
is this because the roadster has 6 preamp tubes and the Dr only 5? does this means that the extra preamp tube makes it darker sounding?

just a comment and just hoping you guys help me out here... cuz i'm not sure about selling my amp and get a DR head... thanks

I'd stay with the Roadster. It's way more versatile and it can get the Dual tones. Tweaking your tone is always in your ears, so that can be difficult for somebody else to answer, but I know the Roadster can get the Dual tones and it provides you with soooo much more. To me, it's no contest. I wouldn't say that either is better than the other, but it's all a matter of what you need and what you're looking for. Some find the Dual is all they need. Hope this helps.

Back