I just bought a Mesa traditional 4x12 cabinet!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomprs

Reaction score
I cannot wait to try it on Saturday! I've been playing a dual rec for years now on different cabs (Marshall JCM800, Orange PPC) but never been 100% happy with the results. The Marshall cab (G12T75 speakers) is nice in the lows but the highs are "scratchy" and the cab sucks big time for clean tones, the Orange (V30 speakers) sounds much better but very "dry"/"cold". My conclusion have been that the perfect match should be with a Mesa cab or I would sell the recto ;) I've read a lot of mixed opinions on the OS recto cab but only VERY positive things on the traditional/Stiletto one. It is kinda hard to be able to try a lot of different cabs here in Belgium, I've played a few times on the OS rectifier cab (sounds a bit unfocused to my hears, boomy) but never on the standard sized one. I hope it's gonna work for me! It is the straight version by the way.

Cheers,

Tom.

lyman said:
Good luck with the cab. I hear you on the clean tones, I've always preferred an open back cab for cleans fwiw.
lyman said:
Good luck with the cab. I hear you on the clean tones, I've always preferred an open back cab for cleans fwiw.

This cab's amazing! It is super punchy and warm at the same time. For me it's the perfect match with the Dual Recto. Cleans sound amazing also!

Latest posts

Back