Mesa Cab VS Peavey

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firmani99

Reaction score
I know everyone is going to attack me for say this but.........

I recently upgraded my head to a dual rec and I absolutely love it. I have had a peavey ms412 cabinet for years and I continued to use that. I think it is basically the same as a 5150 cab.

This week I found a nice used rectifier cab and bought. I have spent days a/b ing these cabs and I really prefer the peavey. I never thought that would be possible.....am I losing my mind? To me the mesa sounds really scooped and the low end is kind of flubby. The peavey is nice and clear with tight low end. It is overly birght but that can be dialed out. Any thoughts?

Peavey makes solid stuff. For clean amplification, its some of the best. I found their cabinetry to be heavy. This is not surprising.

whatever works for you. I use a random ampeg 4x12 to run my dual rec that i got used at music-go-round like 15 years ago. I keep wanting to get a more expensive cab, but i like what i get out of what i have.

Thanks for your input guys! Im glad to hear that others have had similar experiences. I really thought I was crazy. lol

I've tried a few Mesa, Orange, Marshall, Avatar, and Peavey cabs.

I found out that Mesa's cabs, and most of their products, are very consistent.

However, I also learned to trust my ears and not let my mind judge by brands only.

I still struggle with that a bit.

So far, my favorite cab is my Avatar Traditional 2x12 with WGS Retro 30's.

Latest posts

Back