Mark III combo and effects

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredmillard

Reaction score
Folks,

I have a Mark III Combo (blue stipe if it makes a difference) to which i wish to add a bit of delay and chorus. Ive tried plugging in a Line 6 Pod X3 (bean) into the front, using it as the preamp plugging it into the amp's rear Return jack, and Ive also tried it as a loop, input of Pod into amp's send, etc. none of it sounds right to me. When plugged into the front panel turning off all effects, amp, speaker sim, other than delay on the Pod it still sounds bad. It is perverting the Mesa's natural sound. What are folks doing or have successfully tried. Am I better off just getting a couple stand alone Boss pedals running them in a chain? I am not sure what to do. I have been playing since the early sixties and my taste for blues and rock is well reflected. It was simple in my day, plug into the amp or a fuzz pedal (a Cry Baby when i was finally able to afford one) and away I went. Thanks for your comments. Fred

I've never liked those pedals. Get some better effects. I use a T-Rex delay thats under $150 and an MXR chrous $70 that work great in front of my Dual Rec

I never really liked Boss pedals.

They are huge tone suckers when bypassed and they color the tone too much for my liking.

I recently bought a few TC Electronic pedals and have been very happy with them.

I honestly believe these are the best mass-produced pedals available at the moment.

The T-Rex delay, as stated above, is a great warmer delay. I like it a lot for vintage tunes.

Back