1x12 Recto Cabinet Speakers.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speaker replacements for 1x12 Rectofier cabinets?

• EVM12l in both, speaker A open back, speaker B closed back.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fane speakers in both.

• EVM12L and Fane Medusa 150-C.

• Eminence Swamp Thing and Eminence Wizard.

• Leave the working V30 in, maybe not broken in, replace 2nd speaker with EVM12L.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Leave the working V30 in, maybe not broken in, replace 2nd speaker with Swamp Thing, EVM12L isn't wo

• Sell them as is, not worth the expense of getting new speakers.

• None of the above.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

slybird

Reaction score
Someone gave me two 1x12 Rectifier Cabinets a couple years ago. Both have V30's, one speaker was/is dead. I only used the working speaker cabinet a few times, I don't like the way the V30 sounds. I'm thinking of plunking down money on other speakers, maybe do a mismatch. Will be using speakers with a Mesa Boogie 50/50.

I don't think they will replace my 4x12, but maybe with the right speakers. The 4x12 already has four Celestion speakers, looking for other options. These are some of the ideas I'm currently floating.

Speakers are expensive, especially for some free thing that I might not use. Maybe it's not the V30 and I just don't like the 1x12 recto cabinet sound. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

If you get a replacement speaker for the cab with the dead one, you can compare the same cab with different speakers to help decide if it's the v30 or the recto cab that you're not digging. And if it's cab you don't like, selling a pair of loaded mesa cabs should at least cover the cost of the replacement speaker.

THere's a lot more speaker demos/comparisons on yootoob these days, though they're not always the best indicator of how you're going to like a speaker, in my experience.

I'd sell them. The 1x12 just doesn't move enough air. The 2x12 is way better. I had 2 recto 1x12s and just couldn't get any thump out of them.

They are nice as small stereo cabs, maybe for W/D/W.

Thanks for the input, I've made up my mind. One EVM12L, I've always wanted to try one, check it out in open and closed back, see if I like it. The WDW rig is something I've never tried, was somewhere in the back of my mind. Sound like it would be a perfect use for the 2:Fifty, find a used amp to put center, maybe finally build a Ceriatone.

It will be a few dollars, I guess no big thing, spend more than that at the bars in a year. I just hate thinking I might have spent more on guitars and gear over the years than my car is worth. Still keeping my day job.

Latest posts

Back