Good rack case?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forty6and2

Reaction score
Just got a mark iv rack mount and it should be here later this week. But I need to get a rack case and I dont know which one I need. I would like one with front and rear rails because I dont really feel comfortable racking my MKiv on just a front rail. Which case would the mark iv fit both front and rear rails?

Thanks!

Its hard to say. All the images I have seen are all front mounted only. Rear rails may mot be needed, except for stiffness. Your comfort zone may need to grow here. If your are concerned, I recommend looking closely at the strength/rating of the case to make the call. Ventilation may be another point of concern, as well.

NomadExpress said:
Its hard to say. All the images I have seen are all front mounted only. Rear rails may mot be needed, except for stiffness. Your comfort zone may need to grow here. If your are concerned, I recommend looking closely at the strength/rating of the case to make the call. Ventilation may be another point of concern, as well.

Ahhh I see. Well maybe if I cant moun on the back rails, I will just rack the head on the very bottom of the case so that the bottom of the case will give it support and the empty spaces will be in top. In terms of ventilation, would I have problems with it?

forty6and2 said:
NomadExpress said:

Ahhh I see. Well maybe if I cant moun on the back rails, I will just rack the head on the very bottom of the case so that the bottom of the case will give it support and the empty spaces will be in top. In terms of ventilation, would I have problems with it?

Link what you are thinking about getting and I'll share my thoughts. I am no pro, but I am an engineer and know enough to be dangerous.

Back