Boosting a F-50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandoismetal

Reaction score
Hello there,

After being Boogie-less for a while, I decided I needed another Mesa in my life.

I found a used F-50 at GC for cheap and after reading a lot of good things about it, I decided to put it on layaway.

Since the amp is at another GC, not my local store, I haven't had a chance to try it.

My question is, since the F-50 does not have a master volume, I know each channel has its own "master",

is it possible to boost the lead channel without having the amp become so loud that it'll get me evicted?

Thanks in advance!

I had an F-50 for a while. Its loud,loud,loud!!!!! Are you looking for gain boost or volume. The only way I got a volume boost was to put a EQ in the loop. Depending on much amp gain you use, you can get gain boost from a pedal up front, i used a keeley TS-9

But to get very nice tones out of it it needs to be cranked.

Clean boost or EQ in the FX loop works great. The "contour" mode also has a slight boost to it as well, it may be enough for you.

I have used an MXR Micro Amp, a Boss GE-7 and an Xotic EP Boost in the loops of multiple Mesa amps, all with excellent results. You can also put a volume pedal in the loop.

Hello all!

I ended up getting a Single Rectifier Series 1 head.

I had originally bought an F-50 combo, but the guys on the other end forgot to ship it.

I'm glad I ended up getting a recto. The cleans aren't the best, but they will do until I can get my hands on a Mark V!

Back