Mark V question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heliosmneto

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a proud owner of a Mini Rectifier and it suits me very well. It is almost everything that I wanted in my amp.

However, I'm very biased on getting a MARK V.

But I have a few questions about it range of tones. I know that the Mark V is amazing and you can get almost every tone from it. It is really impressive what you can do, but there are a few specific tones that I'm after that I really don't know if I can get with the Mark V. Since it is a very expensive amp I would like to know better about before trying to buy it...

So... can the Mark V perform well the following tones?

- Clean Vox Sound
- Little Overdriven Sound (Led Zeppellin like)
- Bluesy Overdriven Sound (John Mayer style)
- American rock sound (Seether, Theory of a deadman, Shinedown, 3 doors down and etc)
- Rock lead tones (Mark Tremonti style)

I know that a lot of these sounds are very different, but I have 4 bands and I also play in church... That is why I'm asking about all those kind of sounds.

I use my Mini Recto to get the American rock sound that I mentioned before and it is awesome. I don't believe that the Mark V can get close to that... but I'm no expert on the amp.

And one more thing, does the Mark V takes pedal well? I do use a lot of modulation (chorus, tremolo, phaser and delay) and I know that a lot of amps don't take them well.

Thanks

The Mark V can do lots of great tones. The switches and graphic EQ adds tons of versatility. It will get you in the ball-park of the all the tones you mention. However, it won't be exact as the "genuine" amps. Are the tones it can get get close enough to the real thing? That has to be a personal decision - You gotta try one to see if it's close enough for your needs. Keep in mind that speaker type also plays a role in some of the tone.

I've never used a pedal with my Mark V, so I can't comment there.

The V takes pedals well. As for the different sounds, it can get you in the ballpark for just about anything but it's not going to exactly nail a Vox or Marshall tone, you pretty much need a Vox or Marshall if you want those tones to be 100%. But, for me, it definitely gets close enough for what I do.

Latest posts

Back