ROV vs. F-50 for Petrucci Style Lead Tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandoismetal

Reaction score
I'm about to get either one of these and was wondering which one would be better suited for DT/LT style leads.

I owned a ROV for a very short time and I was able to get some very good lead tones out of it. However, I remember it being a bit fizzy in the high end. It could have been bad tubes or a fizzy V30.

I also owned a MK VI B that I had to sell to pay some bills. This amp had an amazing lead tone.

Which one (ROV or F-50) do you think would be better suited for the tone I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance!

JP plays Marks, so strictly speaking, Mark IV or Mark V would be your best bet. Both the F series and recto amps have a recto tone, which is quite different from the Mark.

Thanks for the reply, Elvis.

I am aware that JP plays Marks primarily. He used a Road King for a little while, too.

I've had a Mark IV and a ROV in the past for a very brief time and liked both for lead tones.

However, I have no experience with the F-50 and wanted some feedback on whether or not this amp is able to produce a decent lead tone.

I ended up putting a F-50 on layaway from an out-of-state GC.

I won't be getting it for a couple more weeks, though.

Latest posts

Back