The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:17 pm 
Mark III

I just got a call from the shop that sold me my Roadster. They said that Mesa Boogie needs all Roadster owners to take it to an authorized service technician ASAP. They have to add a resistor (or was it a transistor) to the head, to add to its longevity. I will be taking mine in over the weekend. Just an FYI. I have also confirmed this on other forums from other Roadster owners too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:04 pm 
Bottle Rocket

I heard this too, as mine was delayed in shipping out from Boogie do to a tech fix...I just got mine Tuesday and it was supposed to arrive a week and a half earlier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:04 pm 
Mark III

Is the integrity of Boogie lessening? First the RKII delay and the problem of that amp switching from ch3 vintage to ch4 modern because of some crackling, and now this?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:10 pm 
Mark III

How long ago did they announce this? I have a Roadster head on order so hopefully it has already been taken care of by the time I get it.

Also, how long was the delay in your order? I was expecting mine in the next week or two. Hopefully it won't be too much longer than that.

Yeah, it sounds like Mesa needs to do a little more R&D before they release an amp. In their defense though, it is not uncommon to experience a few hickups in a newly released amp. That is the same reason why I don't buy the first year of a new model car.

Hopefully this is taken care of quickly and effectively.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:33 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Mine got delayed by about a week and a half...my understanding is that they had to go through all of the Roadsters they had assembled in stock to implement the update...so if yours is coming from Mesa, it shoud be addressed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:50 pm 
Mark III

BrokenRomeo wrote:
Mine got delayed by about a week and a half...my understanding is that they had to go through all of the Roadsters they had assembled in stock to implement the update...so if yours is coming from Mesa, it shoud be addressed.

How long ago did you get your's? Hopefully mine was built/being built with the mod already in place.

Where was the resister located and how did they discover it was a problem? Do any of you guys have more info on this roadster service problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:54 pm 
Mark IV

Patience...

I had all the time in the world to wait for my RK II, as long as I got it in flawless working order, which I did. I was giving Mesa sh!t for not getting my RK II to me fast enough. For that, I blame myself, not them. I paid $2500 for it. If I got it in non-working order, and it took as long as it did (9 months) thats a different story.

I wouldn't blame them too much. It's a new amp, they are trying to get your product to you as fast and flawless as possible.

Even though I don't have the Roadster, thanks for the update.

2x12 RK Cabinet (V30/C90)
4x12 Halfback (C90/MS12)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:54 pm 
Mark II

I received my roadster in June...my first Mesa...haven't been notified of anything. How do they normally go about notifying you about such issues? From the Factory or Dealer?

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:30 pm 
Mark II

jackieTHEjokeman wrote:
I just got a call from the shop that sold me my Roadster. They said that Mesa Boogie needs all Roadster owners to take it to an authorized service technician ASAP. They have to add a resistor (or was it a transistor) to the head, to add to its longevity. I will be taking mine in over the weekend. Just an FYI. I have also confirmed this on other forums from other Roadster owners too.

Who did you buy your Roadster from in San Diego and how much did you pay? I am going to order one tomorow. My closes Mesa dealer is Guitar Trader.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:33 am 
Mark III

I bought mine from Guitar Trader. From what they said, I got the first Roadster in San Diego. Not even the GC in San Marcos had it yet.
Which part of Chula Vista do you live? I live in Otay Ranch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:52 am 
Mark II

jackieTHEjokeman wrote:
I bought mine from Guitar Trader. From what they said, I got the first Roadster in San Diego. Not even the GC in San Marcos had it yet.
Which part of Chula Vista do you live? I live in Otay Ranch.

I live in Eastlake Trails, as far as GC I rather not deal with them.

If you don't mind me asking how much $$$ did you have to pay for your roadster and how much did you have to put down to order it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:53 am 
Mark III

MetalMatt wrote:
Patience...

I had all the time in the world to wait for my RK II, as long as I got it in flawless working order, which I did. I was giving Mesa sh!t for not getting my RK II to me fast enough. For that, I blame myself, not them. I paid $2500 for it. If I got it in non-working order, and it took as long as it did (9 months) thats a different story.

I wouldn't blame them too much. It's a new amp, they are trying to get your product to you as fast and flawless as possible.

Even though I don't have the Roadster, thanks for the update.

I agree. It's better that they address the issue now rather than waiting until it becomes a problem, even if I do have to wait a little longer. That's why I own Mesa's, not only do they sound great but they are a great company that takes the steps to make their amps the most reliable on the market.

I just called my dealer to confirm what I've heard here and to see if there is any substancial delay in Roadsters being shipped. He said he saw the service bulletin and that it was just one resister that they were adding. He said they havn't had problems with any of the amps, but they are taking precautionary steps to fix the amps. That gives me good piece of mind. He also dosn't think that this will delay Roadster shipments that significantly. If I have to wait an extra week or two, that would be well worth it. I should be getting mine any week now. :D And at least I have my Dual Rec to help pass the time. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:09 am 
Mark III

Thanks for the info jTj, I called my dealer and yes they got a bulletin last week. They have to get the instructions first, so I can get this done next week. I'm a little disappointed they didn't tell their customers about it, but at least they'll do it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:15 am 
Mark III

I paid $2030-ish. Tax included. I had to put down 25%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:24 am 
Mark II

jackieTHEjokeman wrote:
I paid $2030-ish. Tax included. I had to put down 25%.

Thanks for the info. :D