Which current production Mesa has the best clean channel?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which current production Mesa has the best clean channel?

• Lonestar Classic

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Lonestar Special

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Electradyne

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Royal Atlantic RA-100

• Transatlantic TA-30

• Mark V

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Dual/Triple Rectifier

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Mini Rectifier

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Stilleto

• Other

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Hollis

Reaction score
Which amp do you think has the best clean channel? A good clean channel should also be a great platform for pedals. What do you think? I know the Stilleto is technically out of production now, but I think it's still relevant. In fact, if you think another older amp has a better clean channel, tell us about it!

All the modern Mesas work great with pedals IMO. On that point alone, it's hard to choose a winner...

Mesa has several lines that produce great cleans. I'm kinda partial to the Express. I did not see it listed, so I voted for 'other'.

Gosh, this is a difficult question to answer. I don't think I have EVER played a Mesa with a certifiably BAD clean channel. From what I recall, the Lonestar Classic and Lonestar Special have fantastic cleans as does the Roadking II, Roadster, Recto Reborn, Electra Dyne, Royal Atlantic, Express +, Stiletto... I can't say which is best but I CAN say that they're all awesome!!

Personally, I LOVE the cleans on the Electra Dyne. I'll give that a vote since I'm biased!

Of course, this is all subjective here, but when Mesa started to put their "Lonestar" clean channel into their other line of amps (I.E. Road King, Roadster, Mark V, etc...) or variations of that channel, I think that tells us they're pretty happy with that design (Lonestar). And I agree, lol.

I picked Other for the Express . I also have a modded Nomad that has gorgeous cleans, so again "Other"

Back