Dual Rec 2 Channel Cleans?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespaulguy32

Reaction score
Hey, fellow boogers... anyways, I have a question. I know that these are highly sought after for their distortion tones, but how are their cleans, compared to a 3 channel, or a more modern Dual? Just a question to put out there, since I have been looking into getting one one day. :)

The earliest 2 channels had really crappy cleans. They were two channels of high gain with a clean mode thrown in as an afterthought. If you want a decent clean it's usually recommended that you seek out a Rev F, G or T-Verb.

I have a Rev F and IMO the cleans are good enough to get the job done but are nothing to write home about, particularly when compared to the latest generation of Rectos. The Rev F's mediocre clean is one of the reasons I use the Roadster more.

screamingdaisy said:
The earliest 2 channels had really crappy cleans. They were two channels of high gain with a clean mode thrown in as an afterthought. If you want a decent clean it's usually recommended that you seek out a Rev F, G or T-Verb.

I have a Rev F and IMO the cleans are good enough to get the job done but are nothing to write home about, particularly when compared to the latest generation of Rectos. The Rev F's mediocre clean is one of the reasons I use the Roadster more.

Yea, I was actually planning on getting a Tremoverb combo to use with my Road King, and I've A/B'd both amps together. The Tremoverb had a bit of a grittier clean, while the RK was glassier. I still like it, though... it's kind of unique. Though, judging by what you said, if I do ever end up getting a Rev F or G, I'll only probably use it for dirty.

Rev F cleans are better than the original 3 channel cleans but they can't hold a candle to the cleans on the Reborn heads. It's a round smooth, and dull clean which is perfect for Nu Metal clean picking riffs. It does feel rather lifeless compared to the chime and elastic bounce of the Electra Dyne's clean.

YellowJacket said:
Rev F cleans are better than the original 3 channel cleans but they can't hold a candle to the cleans on the Reborn heads. It's a round smooth, and dull clean which is perfect for Nu Metal clean picking riffs. It does feel rather lifeless compared to the chime and elastic bounce of the Electra Dyne's clean.

I'd probably end up preferring the Dyne's clean. I do like me a lively clean...

Back