brunetti amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braintheory

Reaction score
So today I got to try the brunetti 059. I played the brunetti xlr-evo-ltd in the past and didn't care for it, but still wanted to try the 059. At first, I didn't like the 059 at all. I thought it sounded like the xlr minus the nasal quality of the xlr and with less gain and saturation, but then I tried a mesa triple rectifier (one of my favorite high gain amps) and the mesa sounded was worse in comparison. The mesa sounded muffled, compressed, super forgiving, and less raw, but it had a much bigger bottom end, sounded heavier in general, and just had that signature recto sound. I then switched back to the 059 and it sounded way more open, breathy, articulate, and just totally different from the recto. The 059 is also brutally unforgiving. But IMO there was something ugly about the 059's tone that I also heard in the xlr-evo. Maybe I'm just not used to the brunetti sound. Do any of you guys have anything to say about brunetti amps?

Back