so, i've bought a 1X12 Nomad one - hundred combo!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noseybonk

Reaction score
After all that initial confusion, the bloke telling me it was a 45/55 ... turns out he's selling it for his son that's why he was getting me so confused about the amp. After mailing me the pics of it we've confirmed it is indeed the 100w 1x12 combo with the EQ patch on it ... i have gone for this amp because it has the variety of tones i am looking for and i fell for the clean sounds on it. I was going to get an F series amplifier for the cleans i was that impressed but the Nomad to me seems to offer more.

anyway i just wanted to ask, i want to run this combo through my marshall 1936 1x12 cabinet ... i aren't that experienced with combos as i've just used heads. is it pretty straight forward, if i run it through my 2x12 marshall cab does that mean the speaker in the combo will have to be cancelled out so the combo just effectively operates as an amp head?? i hope not as i fancied it as the 3 speakers running at once ...

anyway either way, i've got an awesome deal on this 100w Nomad 1x12 combo. it's arriving on tuesday and i can't wait to have a good few hours with it checking it out. my first ever Mesa too. i just didn't fancy anything they have modern and i cannot afford the stilletto yet!! any help will be most appreciated thanks :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You can run the amp at 4 ohms, so, any extention cab at 8 ohms or higher will work in tandem with the on-board speaker. You just have to switch the two speakers to the two jacks marked 4 ohms on the back of the the amp. If you have a 16 ohm cab you may notice the 8 ohm speaker in the combo sucking more power than the extention speaker.

- Pat.

cool mate cheers for the info ... can't wait to try it out on Tuesday i expect it'll sound awesome ... one day i'll invest in the mesa cabs as well. that's re assuring to know because i didn't like the idea of having to cancel out the speaker on the combo for me to accommodate my extension 1936 cab :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

looking forward to playing around with that EQ section on the Nomad one hundred too ... going to be able to craft all sorts of sounds with that and another eq unit on a pedal board i'd imagine! :roll: :mrgreen:

The speaker on the combo can be unplugged if you wish to run two external eight ohm cabs in parallel. You can run it just like a head only - a really heavy head!

i'd prefer to run all three speakers at the same time ... just need to be sure what i need to be doing correctly in order to run my 1936 with it and not blow anything up haha!! first time i've tried an amp with an extension and aren't exactly a tech head. can't find one demo online of anyone playing this combo through an extension or anything ! :(

Latest posts

Back