Dual Recto => Eventide Eclipse?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lightsout

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to all this, so please be kind.

I have a Mesa Dual Rectifier (3-channel) with my Eventide Eclipse hooked up via the FX loop.

With my non-Mesa midi foot controller, is there a way, through the Mesa's midi footswitch jack on the back, to control both the channel switch of the amp as well as patch switching on the Eclipse?

I'm looking for ways to set this up, allowing for simultaneous patch (Eclipse) / channel (Mesa) changes.

Any insight is appreciated!

Mesa amps don't use MIDI. Some of the foot controllers use a similar plug (5-pin DIN), but it's not MIDI.

There are actually quite a few third-party products on the market to do exactly what you want, and although they aren't cheap, you might be in a position to afford it, seeing as how you're using an Eclipse! ;)

Anyway, check out VoodooLab.com and RJMMusic.com. There are some other companies, too, but those really seem to be most people's favorites.

Thanks for the reply!

So, what is the difference between a 5-pin DIN connector and a midi cable? I'm seeing this at Amazon, and of course they call it a "Midi Cable with 5-pin DIN plugs".

That aside, once I get something like Voodoo Labs Control Switcher to switch the amp via midi, would this be the proper setup?

Footswitch => to the midi in on the Eclipse
Eclipse midi through => Control Switcher
Eclipse out => Mesa Fx Loop

Again, thanks for your input. This helps a great deal.

Latest posts

Back