Boogie what's next?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New products in the last few years:

Mark V
Multi Watt Recto
Lone Star
Electradyne
TA
RA
Mini Recto
Express +
Cabinets to match

That's a LOT of development. Honestly, this is almost unprecedented innovation. I expect Mesa will have to wait a bit to see what gets accepted and what doesn't. The only thing they haven't messed with lately is rack equipment. Maybe they will take some time to update the Triaxis and rack power amp family.

If I could choose, I'd want a 20W lunchbox Electradyne with 6V6.

I was just going to say I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of "triaxis II" pops up in the coming years, with mesas multi watt technology and the likes incorperated.

Personally I liked the idea of the "Mini Mark V" of which there was a photoshopped concept of on this forum not long ago. A head or combo version of a triaxis would also be cool imo.

Well, taking a look at their product listing they've recently updated every head/combo in their lineup except for the Lone Stars, which might not be due for an update yet seeing as they already have the Lone Star clean channel in them by default.

The next logical step would be updates to their rack gear... although I don't know if that segment is worth the investment or not seeing as most modern racks are being designed to fit full size heads.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Mini-Mark on the horizon... although the Mark V already has a 10w setting.

I agree with Elvis...Boogie has done quite a bit of innovation in the past years.

I'm not quite sure how you can top the Mark V or the Lone Star. :lol:

If I had to bet, I'd go with a Triaxis 2. If I had my druthers, Mesa would release a Stiletto with tube driven reverb.

dbone, no I haven't. I'm really looking for the tone of the Electradyne in a lunchbox. I would want three (or even two) switchable modes and just the 6V6 output.

Don't forget, they started with Bass amps if I remember correctly...Perhaps some bass renovations, like a mini-bass amp with a single tube or something of the sort.

Elpelotero said:
Don't forget, they started with Bass amps if I remember correctly...Perhaps some bass renovations, like a mini-bass amp with a single tube or something of the sort.

I am not sure whether you mean the company started with bass amps or their recent innovations. As a long time resident of the SF North Bay, and someone who hung out at Prune Music before Randy left there and took his Fender mod/Boogie to start Mesa, he did not start with bass amps. He started by modding little Fender 10 and 12" guitar combos. heck, I had Fender dual showman he modded pre-Boogie. I've seen some of the early amps at the factory and talked with Randy about it. Yes, he messed around with bass amps and all amps as he repaired and played around, but what got him going was the demand for the souped up Fenders that he "boogie-ized."

I'm hoping Santa brings me a Heartbreaker RI, that only has 2 octal bases, a 50W transformer set up around 6v6/EL34's, less filtering on the power supply AND with REAL sag (not just 'marketing' sag), split Ch2 into a a footswitchable shared second (Low) and third channel (High) but with the design of the HB with toggle switches for JMP/JCM800 on the Ch3; no stupid crap like a bass cut in the feedback loop ala Nomad.

Has anyone mentioned a Mini-Recto combo?

Kind of surprised they didn't do that... although it may have had something to do with wanting to keep a sub-$1000 price on it.

Kind of kills the whole lunchbox form factor.

I wouldn't buy it. It would be expensive, and I prefer to choose the cabinet. I use mine with a 2x12 recto or a 4x10 depending on what kind of music I'm playing.

Yes, I get that it's pointless to have a lunchbox when I'm also lugging a 2x12. But I get to leave a cab at the drummer's house, so the lunchbox makes a lot of sense for me. I hated the MR with anything less than 2 speakers.

I get that this is a pretty negative response, but I just really really really love the MR just the way it is.

The recto was just a head so no point for a combo mini, and how would you have a Triaxis multi watt?

I'd like to see a mini mark. Perhaps a single channel that has 1,2c,4... Or a clean / mark 1 channel and copy of the mark v's 3rd channel.

Instead of a mini Mark I'd prefer to see a Mark V Special.

Exact same preamp and feature set as the Mark V with a 4xEl84, 30/15/5w power section.

Screamingdaisy, that's a good idea. A Mark V Special could realistically be done.

babow2 said:
Elpelotero said:

I am not sure whether you mean the company started with bass amps or their recent innovations. As a long time resident of the SF North Bay, and someone who hung out at Prune Music before Randy left there and took his Fender mod/Boogie to start Mesa, he did not start with bass amps. He started by modding little Fender 10 and 12" guitar combos. heck, I had Fender dual showman he modded pre-Boogie. I've seen some of the early amps at the factory and talked with Randy about it. Yes, he messed around with bass amps and all amps as he repaired and played around, but what got him going was the demand for the souped up Fenders that he "boogie-ized."

You are correct. However, I was referring to the some of the first amps he put out under the Mesa Boogie name.

discordance_axis said:
I was just going to say I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of "triaxis II" pops up in the coming years, with mesas multi watt technology and the likes incorperated.
Bruce Zinky former designer of Fender amplification and founder of Zinky Amps build a all-tube guitar amps but digital storage preset similar to Tri-Axis. So you had something like 32 presets at your command. Something like the Tri-Axis with its presets but this Zinky amp was all integrated in one amp, (inc. power stage tubes section) not a rackmount gear.

Not sure if MESA would come up with one because not sure what is the market demand for such an amp.

Back