Express 5:25+ or Mini Rectifier/1x12 cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nklay1

Reaction score
I am casual player looking for a smaller amplifier that is portable to jam sessions.

Based upon my budget, I have narrowed my choices down to the 5:25+ or the Mini Rec. Unfortunately, none of the local dealers in my area have both amps in stock so I haven't been able to play them side by side.

I have just sold my Express 1x10 as I really missed a 12" speaker and sold a single rec last year because it weighed 75 lbs so I am somewhat familiar with both product lines.

I am reading great reviews on both amps via this forum but I am really struggling on which one to buy. I have a Gibson ES339 and play anything from Jack Johnson to Foo Fighters.

Any insight that will help me make a decision is greatly appreciated.

For what you're looking for, it looks like the Mini Rectifier is a good choice. These are highly versatile and can play almost anything, and it's a great size for how big it sounds.The cleans are also really clear. As you said, you missed the 1x12 cab, so, this would be good too.

Are you more into the 'Mark Series' type tones or Recto type tones? The Mini Recto has the buttery smooth cleans and super wide crunch of a Dual Rectifier Solo head while the Express amps have the more Even, Thick, and vocal gain of the Mark series amps. Apples to oranges but both are FANTASTIC!

Back