Settings Database for modern amps too?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I would do Dual Rectifier next unless I there is demand for a different model.

Ned

mloiaco said:
I'd like to contribute to a "demand" for Road King settings.

I think we should go for Rectifiers as a whole. You can dial in the same settings on the Single, Dual, Triple, 2-chan, 3-chan, Road King, ect....and with a bit of tweeking they'll sound good on all of them.

Maybe if the database included a spot for type of amp or something we'd be able to fit everything into one database.

Let me see what I can knock out over the weekend.

I can do the 2 and 3 channel Rectos over the weekend but the RK has a million knobs. The back panel alone is mind boggling. The RK will be a big project and will take some time. Let me knock out some of the other amps first.

Ned

Just took a look at the setup sheets for the Dual/Triple Recto and RK and its is only a matter of more channels.

If I setup the DB to only accept 1 channel per entry would y'all be OK with that. Seems logical as people will want to search for a clean setting or mild distortion, etc and not how to setup the entire amp.

How important are the back panel settings? Do they need to be included?

Ned

I feel the tube combination and the Diode or tube tracking selections should be Database worthy. Everything else is personal taste.

Jerry - PS... I'd be more than happy to lend what I can to your aid..

ned said:
1) If I setup the DB to only accept 1 channel per entry would y'all be OK with that. Seems logical as people will want to search for a clean setting or mild distortion, etc and not how to setup the entire amp.

2) How important are the back panel settings? Do they need to be included?

Ned

1) Yes.

2) You could include a spot for tube/ss rectifier, and bold/spongy settings, but in reality people will probably decide for themselves how they like their amp to feel. Most "settings" threads I've read on various forums only include channel, voice mode (ie, clean/pushed, raw/vintage/modern, ect), gain, EQ, and output (volume) settings.

OK. Got the database setup and have figured out how to swap in the input forms for the different flavors of the Rectifier series. Got the 2 channel amps done and will finish coding the input pages over the weekend.

BTW- what is the difference between the Dual and Triples, 100 watts versus 150?

Got my Weber Economy MiniMass today for my Champ and it sounds sweet cranked without the wife screaming in my ear to turn it down. Also got a Sennheiser E609S and will record a few licks.

Ned

ned said:
OK. Got the database setup and have figured out how to swap in the input forms for the different flavors of the Rectifier series. Got the 2 channel amps done and will finish coding the input pages over the weekend.

BTW- what is the difference between the Dual and Triples, 100 watts versus 150?

Got my Weber Economy MiniMass today for my Champ and it sounds sweet cranked without the wife screaming in my ear to turn it down. Also got a Sennheiser E609S and will record a few licks.

Ned

Dual's have 100 Watts, Class A/B Power / 4x6L6, 5x12AX7, 2x5U4.
Triples have 150 Watts, Class A/B Power / 6x6L6, 5x12AX7, 3x5U4.

So Same preamp, 2 extra 6L6's and an extra tube rectifier.

Grandor said:
Dual's have 100 Watts, Class A/B Power / 4x6L6, 5x12AX7, 2x5U4.
Triples have 150 Watts, Class A/B Power / 6x6L6, 5x12AX7, 3x5U4.

So Same preamp, 2 extra 6L6's and an extra tube rectifier.

Yup. Same preamp, more clean headroom. They let you dial in more & louder preamp gain without overdriving the power amp as hard.

Hey Ned;

Could you modify the database to allow :30 minute jumps on the dials?

ie, instead of 12:00, 1:00, 2:00 ect, could you go 12:00, 12:30, 1:00, ect...

It's just that :15 changes in the dial can sometimes make a substantial difference in tone, and having to round off to the nearest hour makes it harder to describe things accurately.

Traveling this week. Next week I'll knock out a F-series na Lone Star Series database.

Latest posts

Back