Palm muting cancels out my note. RK and Roadster specific.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xscottx9

Reaction score
Palm muting cancels out my big round "palm muted" note on my Roadster .. most noticable on clean to slight overdriven. This happens on all channels, but most noticable clean/crunch.

I know this is normal, as It happened on my old RK II that I sold a few years ago. I also just watched a Andy timmons youtube video, and I caught him doing it too.

I have been pretty much a Fender and Marshall guy the last 10 years, and NEVER expirienced this. I am a dynamic player, and will palm mute a single note in a 4 note riff, ... etc. I am use to the the note obvioulsy being toned down a notch, .. but with the roadster it seems to actually cancel out the note. .. almost like the amp is broken.

the technique is not a full on chug-chug distorted palm note, this is a dynamic damper of the strings as you play.

It is really bugging me, and i can somewhat get around if I really work the angle, .. but it just kills the mood/play. Like a hollow/muted where did the note go thing ????

im not crazy !!

This is a longshot....the MB Formula Preamp on the drive channels, with JJ ECC83 preamp tubes would push so much bass through the circuit that the tubes would not only distort/compress, but there would be a volume dropout too. Just something maybe with how the preamp tubes have local feedback to bias their grids, I think. Putting more aggressive low cut filtering helps, but maybe its as simple as finding preamp tubes that respond correctly.

What tubes do you have in there?

Well, there might be a few things to try out. Have you ever used a compressor pedal for what you are going for???

Back