My Mini Rectifier Failed

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

Reaction score
I have owned my mini recto about three months. The other night I plugged in and noticed a sudden volume drop on channel 2. Since then my volume has been abnormally low on channel 2 and the tone sounds horrible. Channel 1 seems to be working just fine. All the tubes look perfectly healthy. I've switched all the preamp tubes out but nothing works.

Today I tired calling Mesa but unfortunately they are closed Fridays. Has anyone else had similar problems? Why would one channel work fine and not the other? I'm really bummed because I absolutely love this amp! I didn't change the power amp tubes but they seem fine and channel 1 is plenty loud.

Have you try to switch 10/25W ?

If yes, send it to an authorized tech. It's 99% sure that it will be cover if it's not the tubes.

Yeah, I tried everything. When I flip it off standby I can hear it reach regular volume but at soon as I hit a note, or it starts to feedback, the volume just drops practically to nothing.

I'll be calling Mesa Boogie on Monday :cry:

Hey Elvis, I called Mesa Boogie yesterday and left a message. The called me back within an hour and after some questions referred me to a technician here in town.

I called the tech and will be taking it in on Friday. I will post details later!

Well, my mini recto is fixed! I took it to Mike Fractus here in Houston. He told me it would take two weeks at least to repair. It actually took three business days, and he got to it so quick because it was such a weird issue. Apparently the bass pot on the second channel was the wrong part. He replaced it and while repairing it 'something' fell out of the amp. I guess some loose wire clipping or solder was causing it to short. While he was looking at it he noticed the bass pot was wrong.

Anyway, I'm amazed he got it done so fast. Everything is back in order and rocking!

Latest posts

Back