Running stereo with Mark V, Triple Rec and G-Major 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonVolt

Reaction score
So what's the best way to run a stereo setup with the above amps and effects? I want the V to be the main amp. Should I run the G-major's out to both effect returns on each amp? Will this make the V sound weird through the 2nd cab using the triples power section? I'm just wanting to experiment, not planning on playing live.

Just curiosity questions.

Will you switch amps for leads, or hit a boost on the MKV side with both still on?

Will you have different effects for the boosted lead?

Or are you going to just run time based stereo effects in the loops on left and right? If not some would say it is not actually stereo but just two amps, nitpicking I know.

I like two amps but only have the chorus and Time Factor in the loop stereo. An OCD in front of a crunchy riffing amp and just an EVH Phaser in front of the MKIIC or whatever amp is for leads.

I just have an ABY, but there are better ABY units that let you set a balance instead of 50/50.

My easy stereo set up is the 2 combo amps, IIC and Bogner New Yorker, 1 boost pedal and the Timefactor.

Heritage Softail said:
Just curiosity questions.

Will you switch amps for leads, or hit a boost on the MKV side with both still on?

Will you have different effects for the boosted lead?

Or are you going to just run time based stereo effects in the loops on left and right? If not some would say it is not actually stereo but just two amps, nitpicking I know.

I like two amps but only have the chorus and Time Factor in the loop stereo. An OCD in front of a crunchy riffing amp and just an EVH Phaser in front of the MKIIC or whatever amp is for leads.

I just have an ABY, but there are better ABY units that let you set a balance instead of 50/50.

My easy stereo set up is the 2 combo amps, IIC and Bogner New Yorker, 1 boost pedal and the Timefactor.

I was hoping to get the same sound out of both amps, that's why I planned on using the triple as a power amp amp only with the V set to Mark IV mode. I don't want to change amps for different sounds. Just want to change channels on the V. I'm basically wanting to mimic a triaxis/2:90 setup but with my Mark V and using the Triple as the other channels power amp. I wanted ping pong delays and panning between both amps.

You can do that. The Rec and MK together are pretty awesome. Just sayin....

So all you are doing is a wet dry rig. Pretty much?

There are others here that do that with a little mixer and power amp, not two amp heads. It is probably easier and cheaper.

They can explain it better than I. I like two different amps to get that depth and width. Don't have a wet dry rig.

I'm not sure how it would be wet/dry since the signal would be running through the GMajor and then fed to both amps effects returns. I would think it would be 100% wet until I bypass the effects loop, which I'm guessing would also kill the triple recs signal.

Back