Mesa boogie Road king Effect loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jop

Reaction score
Hello all!
I have a question for you all. I need help because I'm starting to get crazy!
I have a rack rig which, amongst the other things, got two multieffect units: an eclipse and a d-two for delays. Those two are placed in a dry/wet rig using a DMC system mix plus. Checking the input levels on both machines, both via the DMC and via a direct connection, I've seen that, which the "send" volume set to norm on the effect loop, I have a significant loss in volume. This does not happen if I directly connect the send 2 to the return 2 jack with a TS cable (at least, it's almost unnoticeable)

The eventide eclipse is connected via a TRS->XLR cable, while the D-TWO uses a TRS-TRS cable. I've also tried connecting the TRS->XLR directly from the Road king SEND to the XLR eclipse INPUT: same result.
If I instead connect a 1/4 TS cable directly to the 1/4 input of the eclipse (which accepts -10db or "consumer" signal level), the levels are fine. It's like my road king outputs a -10db signal instead of a +4db. I've also swapped the V5 preamp tube with a new SPA 12AX7, same results.

I've now connected a pedal preamp which outputs a +4db signal, with the same cable I've used for the boogie. The signal is correctly interpreted as a +4dbFS signal. So I've narrowed the problem to my boogie.

What else could I try?
Thanks
p.s. I know this is crossposting - going to delete the other msg asap. I think this is a more apt forum

Latest posts

Back