Damaged Tolex

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandoismetal

Reaction score
Hello all!

I've been putting a couple of combos (one at a time) on top of my Recto 4X12 cab and noticed that they leave shallow marks on the tolex due to their weight.

Call me OCD if you want, but has anyone's cab ever suffered from this?

I mean, can it get worse than just being shallow feet marks on the tolex (tears, dents, etc.)?

Thanks!

To prevent the marks from the amp head on the cab, I used to fold the slip cover neatly and put it as a buffer between head and cab.

Thanks for y'all's replies.

I don't really gig, so I'm not too worried about the cab getting some battle scars that way. I'm more of a "basement musician" lol.

Elpelotero said:
To prevent the marks from the amp head on the cab, I used to fold the slip cover neatly and put it as a buffer between head and cab.

Great suggestion. I had thought of doing something like that but could never think of what to put in there as a buffer.

I noticed this after putting my roadster head on my cab. I just cut two strips of cardboard and put them under the rubber feet. It's not perfect, but it is much better than the four hard dents otherwise. That folded cover idea is good!

Well, tolex on my 4x12 Rectifier B cabinet is pretty fucked up from all sides - torns, screeches, ripped little parts out - I bet most of you guys would cry if you saw it (-:

Is refurbishing expensive? Who could do that? Any upholsterer?

r0nn!e said:
Well, tolex on my 4x12 Rectifier B cabinet is pretty f%&# up from all sides - torns, screeches, ripped little parts out - I bet most of you guys would cry if you saw it (-:

Is refurbishing expensive? Who could do that? Any upholsterer?

That's a very good question. What about just changing the tolex for a different look?

Anyone have any feedback on this?

Latest posts

Back