BOSS NS-2 and a Road King 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peace

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the best way to use an NS-2 pedal with a RK2?

Right now I run all my stuff in front of the amp. Sadly because I am a loop dumbass and the times I have used the loop its seemed like a volume battle..

This is my current setup.

Guitar

BOSS NS-2
BOSS TU-3
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Rocktron Banshee Talkbox
KRP Gypsy Fuzz
KRP Mega Vibe
BOSS PH-3
BOSS PS-5
Ernie Ball VP JR
Line 6 Echo Park

Amp
Either a Road King 2 (2 loops) or Egnater Tourmaster (1 loop)

I hook all my stuff up via pedal snake and I have a couple extra leads that would accomodate using both loops in the road king and one loop in the egnater.

Would someone guitar smarter than me please give me a little insight, advice and/or tips on the best way to line this stuff out and also use the NS-2 to cut down on noise?

My noise isn't terrible but I know I could probably knock it down even more with a proper configuration.

I searched but it was a freakin' mess...

Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

While I've read a lot of posts by folks who have made it work as an amp gate, I tried it and it was very disappointing to say the least. It did however, work wonders for my dad's noisy pedalboard and I think this is what this pedal was meant for anyway, silencing pedals.

I'd put the tuner first, then I'd go from tuner to NS-2, from NS-2 out to amp.

Then, I'd go NS-2 Send>Wah, fuzz, talkbox, mega vibe>Last pedal out to NS-2 return.

Reverb, PH-3, PS-5, definitely use in the loop. No idea on the volume pedal since I have no experience with them... I guess it depends on how you use it. Read the manual to understand how the loop works, it's not that hard! :wink:

That way, you have all your most noisy pedals in the NS-2 and it's doing it's job. Makes sense to me, this is a hastily written post if I had time I'd think it over but this seems the most sensible solution.

Back