What would you pay for a beat up Rectifier 4x12 bottom cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine just bought a 4x12 Rectifier bottom cab at a pawn shop for $80! Looks like it has C-90's in it.
He owes me about $270.

It is pretty beat up.
There are no feet on it.
No casters, etc.
handles are rusty, tolex is torn in several places.
I do not know if any or all of the speakers are damaged. He said that it made noise when he ran an amp through it, but that was as far as he got with it.

He offered it to me for what he owes me. I don't really have a need, or the space, for a 4x12.
Plus....it's pretty hard to sell one of these giants!
It would be fantastic to have for outdoor gigs though!

Personally I have a minimum condition requirement below which it doesn't matter how cheap something is, I won't touch it. It does sound like that cab is too trashed for me. If it fails you on stage, then its worth nothing :wink:

If your happy enough with how the cab looks to use it on stage or don't mind a restoration project then it may be good for you.
Do you like C90s ? I do, but if I had a 4x12 I'd be looking to change some out and probably for V30s.

I'm sure I could get the parts from Mesa and recover it. Not sure I would really care a lot about how it looks as long as it sounds great.
I'm not sure I really want a 4x12 cab again though. I love the sound of them for outdoor gigs, but don't really want to lug one around.

I have an outdoor practice/gig next Saturday. I'll probably borrow it for that and see if I like it.

Honestly, a 4x12 would have to be in pretty good shape to be worth $270. It sounds like your friend paid about what the cab is worth. If you try to sell it later, you will have trouble giving it away.

He ended up trading it for an Agile Les Paul.

So....he is going to give me my JS-100 back for the $270. Now I will have a JS-100, JS-1000 and 540R w/JS-1000 neck.
I loved the guitar, but hated the cheap hardware. Especially the tremolo. I will just block it off and make this my down-tuned guitar.

Latest posts

Back