Rewire Mesa Recto 2x12 from Mono to Stereo (I searched!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Reaction score
Hi all,

I searched but didn't see anything conclusive. The stock wiring at the jackplate of my Recto 2x12 looks like this:

402694544.jpg

I want it so that each 1/4" jack is a 16 ohm speaker jack, rather than the stock configuration where the one of the left is an 8 ohm speaker jack and the one on the right is the parallel jack.

Can I just clip the two wires that connect the jacks? Or is there more to it than that? I've ordered a Roadking jackplate from Mesa, so I'll wire that in when it gets here, but I'm impatient.

Thanks!

I'm sure someone will suggest installing a switch so you can have both, so let me be the first.
It sure looks like you can just clip those solid wires between the two jacks.

Thanks man. Yeah, I ordered a Road King 2x12 jackplate so that I can switch between mono and stereo operation; but I'm just impatient so I'm hoping that I can just snip those solid wires and get by for a week or two 'til I get that jackplate.

yep, clip the jumpers. I'll add a question to it: Should the two speakers in the cab have a divider to keep them separate? The RK 2x12 and 4x12 has a divider, but they are also closed/open back, so of course they'd have to have one.

+1 on clip the jumpers. I did it and used that 2x12 for a while with one of those Vox modeling stereo heads. It works.

Back