Multi Watt DR Mute Button and Ground Control Pro

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjrake

Reaction score
Is there a way to assign the "mute" button on the Ground Control Pro? I know that the pedal that comes with the new Dual Rectifier has a mute button, but the switching from the back does not. I'm guessing maybe the Solo switch has something to do with it?

Right now I'm running the Channel 2, Channel 3, and Loop of the amp to the GCX (loop 6, 7, and 8). Didn't bother with assigning a Solo cause I really don't use it (and can use the extra loops!)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

PJ

pjrake said:
Is there a way to assign the "mute" button on the Ground Control Pro? I know that the pedal that comes with the new Dual Rectifier has a mute button, but the switching from the back does not. I'm guessing maybe the Solo switch has something to do with it?

Right now I'm running the Channel 2, Channel 3, and Loop of the amp to the GCX (loop 6, 7, and 8). Didn't bother with assigning a Solo cause I really don't use it (and can use the extra loops!)

PJ

They don't have an updated manual for the new head, but I'm guessing the tuner output is a TRS jack. Grounding either the tip or ring probably will mute the amp. Once you figure that out, you can make a cable with a TS plug on one end (goes to the GCX) and a TRS on the other (goes to the DR tuner out jack).

I noticed you're running a G Major 2 - if you have that in the DR effects loop, you can just program the GCP to send the tuner mute CC message to the G Major 2 (which is what I've been doing for years).

Hope it works! :)

scienceguy said:
pjrake said:

PJ

They don't have an updated manual for the new head, but I'm guessing the tuner output is a TRS jack. Grounding either the tip or ring probably will mute the amp. Once you figure that out, you can make a cable with a TS plug on one end (goes to the GCX) and a TRS on the other (goes to the DR tuner out jack).

I noticed you're running a G Major 2 - if you have that in the DR effects loop, you can just program the GCP to send the tuner mute CC message to the G Major 2 (which is what I've been doing for years).

Hope it works! :)

Thanks dude! The reason I posted this was cause I couldn't figure out how to use the Tuner Mute on the G-Major 2!!! Argghh

I think I did not assign my Ground Control Pro to the G-Major; I just plugged the MIDI in and it started to switch the presets. Used to have the old G-Major but I programmed it years ago and don't remember how I had it set up with the Tune Mute.

PJ

scienceguy said:
They don't have an updated manual for the new head, but I'm guessing the tuner output is a TRS jack. Grounding either the tip or ring probably will mute the amp.
I'm most certian the Tuner Out jack will be a 1/4" TS (mono) connection that passes audio signal at all times, but is not an external trigger. I'm sure your manual would have told you this if it were designed to do so.

The amp might mute when you short this jack as you may be sending your guitar signal to ground, or it may hum badly.

Mesa is open, give them a call for the difinitive answer.

Dom

domct203 said:
scienceguy said:
They don't have an updated manual for the new head, but I'm guessing the tuner output is a TRS jack. Grounding either the tip or ring probably will mute the amp.
I'm most certian the Tuner Out jack will be a 1/4" TS (mono) connection that passes audio signal at all times, but is not an external trigger. I'm sure your manual would have told you this if it were designed to do so.

The amp might mute when you short this jack as you may be sending your guitar signal to ground, or it may hum badly.

Mesa is open, give them a call for the difinitive answer.

Dom

Dom is correct. Mesa verifies that the tuner out jack is just that - nothing else. If you want to use your GCP to mute, programming it to control your G Major 2 is your easiest option.

Latest posts

Back