Mesa Mini

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal-Mesa

Reaction score
Just got the new Mesa Mini-----Love it. When you change from 25w to 10w on the channel two modern mode it changes the tone allot? When I'm on the clean channel and change from 25w to 10w it just drops volume not tone, but on the gain channel I get a voice change from 25w to 10w. Is this par for the course?

Thanks

Yeah the tone warms up noticeably when switching to 10w.

Congrats on the purchase ...I'm loving mine!

Cant believe how well they did with this head, what cab are you playing through?

ratter said:

i don't know if this is the answer ...

The 25 watt setting is using Dyna Watt technology which increase power and dynamics of EL84s power tubes. To me, this technology doesn't make the amp sound like your typical EL84 guitar amp (ala Vox, Dr. Z EL84 amps, etc ... ) but rather more rounder, and dynamic.

The 10 watt setting will sound pretty much like an EL84 guitar amp -- yes, you could dial the tone controls -- Well this is what I think. Could be wrong though.

I too want a Mini Recto. :D

My brother plugged the guitar cord into the footswitch input, the amp poped a little and made a sizzle sound. Is this bad???????????????????? Can this damage the amp? Amp sounds ok.

NorCal-Mesa said:
My brother plugged the guitar cord into the footswitch input, the amp poped a little and made a sizzle sound. Is this bad???????????????????? Can this damage the amp? Amp sounds ok.

I think you'll be just fine. I don't think the output levels of a guitar would be very harmful. Does anything seem wrong? If not, don't worry about it.

No its good!

bcdon said:
NorCal-Mesa said:

I think you'll be just fine. I don't think the output levels of a guitar would be very harmful. Does anything seem wrong? If not, don't worry about it.

NorCal-Mesa said:
Cant believe how well they did with this head, what cab are you playing through?

ratter said:

I have the mini slant cab...

Blackface head on salt and pepper cab...

reccab.jpg

Latest posts

Back