Which Amps Allow Power Selection Per Channel?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundchaser59

Reaction score
I know there are some amps that have the ability to have different power / watts selection on each channel. For example, 7 watts on a lead channel, but 30 watts on the clean channel. I am even hoping that some of them might be 3 channel amps.

Which amps are out there that have power selection per channel?

from the Mesa range you have:

MKV 10, 45 and 90 watts for each channel
LoneStar special 5,15 and 30 for each channel
Lonestar Classic 10, 50 and 100 for each channel
TA15 5,15, and 25 watts for each channel
TA30 15, 30 and 40 watts for each channel.
Mini Rectifier 10 and 25 watts for each channel.

The RoadKing and Roadster and Big Rectifiers can do it too, but I don't know the details fo those.

If you like attenuators then perhaps the ultimate solution is the the Royal Atlantic wich has independant attenuator settings for each channel and can go anywhere from 100 watts to about 3 watts for any of the modes.

The Roadster is 100W or 50W per channel. You also have the choice of Diode or Tube rectifier per channel (4 channels).

The RK is 50W/100W/150W (2, 4, or 6 powertubes) per channel (4 channels) as well aa rectifier selection.

Dom

Mark V amp. 3 channels all switchable from 10-40-90 watts.
And Yes the RA 100 can do the attenuator thing in all channels. I have tried every Mesa amp except the RA100, but I think the Mark V gives you more notice and tone difference when you switch wattage settings.

Latest posts

Back