Tremoverb Blues Mode Technical Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy_G

Reaction score
Does the blues mode pass the signal through the 680k/0.001uf or the 2.2Meg/120pf filter (just prior to the gain pot) ?

Schematic here: http://tubefreak.com/tremvrb2.gif

Does anyone have the full switching diagram for this amp? That would answer the question for me. The switching diagram on tubefreak only shows page 2 of 2.

The 2M2/120pF is in use all the time, and the 680K/.001uF is added by LDR4 *and* LDR5.

As far as I can work out, LDR5 is for the Red channel; LDR4 is for the Orange channel. LDR4 is turned off in both Clean and Blues modes, *but* if you're on the Red channel then LDR5 is operating anyway so it makes no difference: hence, Blues uses the 680K/.001uF pair as well. This may be one of the reasons why the channel cloning doesn't affect the Blues mode.

Thank you 94T....If you have the switching chart and you can PM me with it, that would be very helpful.

So....the blues mode passes a bunch of highs, and guess by deduction that the lower gain character of blues mode is accomplished by disengaging the switch that bypasses the 47k resistor which is in series with the cathode bypass capacitor in two of the gain stages, thus reducing the gain of those two stages....???

Latest posts

Back