Magic Stiletto II!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fdesalvo

Reaction score
Holy hell I just played a dusty Deuce II in Wine Taurus at guitar center and it blew me away. Even more so than the Deuce II I had about 2 years ago. It was so much more gainy than the other one and I have no idea why. I ended up retuning the MkV and buying this one.

Since it was dusty, I told the salesman that I would walk out with the amp if they throw in a new quad of el34s and they obliged. I feel I got a great deal and am happy to report that this particular Stiletto has enabled me to let go of my Splawn Quickrod seller's remorse.

Why is this one so different than the others I played??

On a side note, my motivation for going back and auditioning other amps is because I found myself unhappy with the MkV for the same reasons as my prior MkIV - it sounded great one rehearsal, then completely different the next. I found myself distracted and constantly trying to adjust on the fly - this was the story of my life with the MkIV. It's especially annoying live when you have no time for a sound check. I can say that for me, the Splawn and Deuce never gave me hell live. They were consistently amazing from room to room.

Back