Chicken Head Knobs - TremoVerb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mundty

Reaction score
Looking to replace the knobs on my Trem-O-Verb Head with Chicken Head Knobs. I love everything about my Trem-O-Verb except the modern look of the Chrome knobs. I've looked all over Google for information about changing the knobs on a Mesa and found nothing. I figured this had to be the best place to ask!

Can the knobs be switched on the Trem O Verb relatively easily? And if so, where do I get Chicken Head Knobs that are compatible with my amp? I'd probably be looking for a Vintage Off-White, White, or Black knob if possible.

Thanks for reading!

*Edit* If Chicken Heads are too big and will cause the knobs to run into each other, or the body of the enclosure... other suggestions are welcome too, just not Chrome please :D

Switching knobs is as simple as loosening the set screw in each of the knobs with an allen wrench, and replacing them with a knob designed for the same pot shaft size.

If chickenhead knobs fit on this Rectifier, I don't see why they wouldn't work on a Tremoverb.

DSCF3085.jpg

snave said:
Switching knobs is as simple as loosening the set screw in each of the knobs with an allen wrench, and replacing them with a knob designed for the same pot shaft size.

If chickenhead knobs fit on this Rectifier, I don't see why they wouldn't work on a Tremoverb.

DSCF3085.jpg

What about the difference sizes of Chicken Head Knobs? Any idea which knobs those are that are pictured?

Love my Tremoverbs, but hate how I can't see the little indent on the chrome knobs.

I too would love to change the knobs to a high contrast knob or the chicken knob in white.

I don't know how to place an image so here is the link for another knob I think might fit.

My combos seem to have a tight fit, maybe because Mesa planned on the slim chrome knobs and therefore did not allow more space, but it seems odd that they would change the measurements just because they changed the knobs, so any knob might fit.

I love these knobs for a more vintage look with high contrast, but those chicken knobs look great too.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/fender-amplifier-knobs

Can't see the indent huh? I thought the sound should be dialed by ears, not numbers or dot position.

Of course if you don't like the look of factory knobs, it's easy to unmount them and replace by something more "vintage."

Good point.

I agree, but sometimes I will fire it up and want to play around with the knobs for fun or just think something sounds a little off and in order to address either issue it would be nice to not have to get on top of the knob to know what is up and where it is set.

But again, ears not eyes when adjusting...good one.

Latest posts

Back