registering warranty for used Mesa amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabies

Reaction score
just registered my used Mark V with one of the service guys (Marcus) @ Petaluma yesterday. You just need the serial # if you don't have original receipt, etc. Found out I'm likely at least the 3rd own (still in close to mint condition).

another reason Mesa is a great company to deal with.

I'm the second owner of my Mark V and would like to register it too, but throught I needed the original sales receipt.

Exactly how did you register the amp - did you call their service dept or simply send them an email?

Tuna141 said:
I'm the second owner of my Mark V and would like to register it too, but throught I needed the original sales receipt.

Exactly how did you register the amp - did you call their service dept or simply send them an email?

called with serial # but I suppose you could email with serial # as well. this is a new(er) policy according to marcus, i specifically recall that the original sales receipt was required before.

If you give them a serial number and can't produce a sales receipt, they will still be able to find the build date and when it was shipped out. I didn't have a receipt for a Roadster, so the warranty began when the amp was shipped to the store.

I had thought the same that if you didnt have a receipt that they wouldnt honor the warranty. That isnt true. I called them about what tubes I could use and they took my serial number and informed me that I have 2 years left on the warranty considering the build date. I could have got more if I could prove when the amp originally sold but since no reciept they had to use the production date. Still thats freaking awesome considering I didnt think I would get a warranty at all.

I have gone through two warranty issues on two different amps-one turned out to be user problems-but on both occasions Mesa was exemplary in trying to help me out. One issue was with my LSS-the 5Y3 tube. I sent my amp to Petaluma for the 5Y3 mod. I did a piss poor job of packing the tubes and two broke in shipment. They did the mod and sent me two brand new tubes-all without asking for a copy of the receipt.

I thought I had issues with the reverb on my Mark IV. They sent me a new reverb tank, after going through some other checks over the phone. I installed the new tank, but that wasn't the issue. I called and tried to return the tank, but they said no, just keep it. I sold it on eBay for $60.

Mesa Rules!!!!!

Just my experiences,

TW

Latest posts

Back