Got a recto cab Im absolutely amazed.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpledc

Reaction score
I simply dont have the words to express my joy with my new cab. I havent had nearly as many cabs as Ive had amps or guitars. I simply was very ignorant and figured I could compensate for speaker and cab voicings with the eq of an amp. My how wrong I was. Ive been running a marshall 1960A for awhile and before that a tribal cab from genz benz. Neither of those cabs could produce the musicality, detail and articulation that this recto cab has added to my sound. These vintage 30's have so much more for lack of a better word "tone". Im just elated. I wasnt even supposed to get this cab until the second week of February but sweetwater got them in early. Now after only 15 minutes with the cab its no wonder so many people swear by them. I always found it funny that so many people used mesa cabs. Even the people who dont play mesa amps can often times be found with a mesa cab. Well now I surely know why. These things even look high class. This is the type of amp your girlfriend wouldnt mind in the living room it looks so good.

Picture024.jpg

I have to agree, man... I want to get one of these but a 2x12 to go along with my Road King combo...

Congrats on the cab man! I love them.

lespaulguy32 said:
I have to agree, man... I want to get one of these but a 2x12 to go along with my Road King combo...

Check out the RK 2x12. It is sweet!

-AJH

the gbenz gflex 212 i have is sick with the MV i have. the cones are based on V30's according to JGenzler.

I know gojira was running marshall 412 with the recto in the video i have. but that's a different amp which needs to be tightened up.

Ahhh!! I see you have a MarkV sitting on top...I'll bet it does sound good. I was also amazed when I got mine last year. They're just insanely toneful. I have a 1x12 Ace combo on top of the same cab that you do and it sounds incredible. I'm beginning to think that EVERY sound I've ever had in my head is in there just waiting to get out!! :mrgreen:

Enjoy your cab man...they're awesome!

Check out the RK 2x12. It is sweet!

+1 on the Road King 2X12, I own it and it may be my favorite cab, even over my Rectifier 4X12. Because of the isolated speakers in the cab if you want less stage volume you can use it as a true 1X12.

Have to agree with you too. I just picked up a used 2x12 horizontal rectifier cabinet for my mini rectifier and it is awesome. \m/

You're killing me! I'm running my MKV through a 1960A, but primarily use an oversized straight 412 with G12K-100s - an amazing speaker. I'm curious to hear what the differences would be. I also like the idea of having a matching cab.

Totally agree about the G12K100 speaker. So underrated or little known. I am glad I discovered it (by accident).

Back