NAD! Mini-Recto!

Dual/Triple Rectos, Maverick, Blue Angel, Nomad, Road King, F-Series, Lone Star & Stiletto

Moderators: Grandor, ned, Guitarzan, Platypus

Post Reply
Tfunk Ian
Mark II
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:03 am

NAD! Mini-Recto!

Post by Tfunk Ian » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Just got my Mini-Recto today! Excited to plug'er in and let'er rip! I sold my TA-15 to a colleague of mine to fund it. As much as I liked the TA-15, there are aspects of the Mini-Recto that are more suited to my taste. I like the addition of the Mid Knob, Presence Knob, and Loop, all of which were things I missed on the TA. Next thing is a loop pedal that will bypass the loop and change the channel (will also work with my Mark IIB).
Ian
  • Mesa Mark IVa Combo
  • Mesa Mark IIB Combo, Simul, EQ, Verb
  • Mesa Mini-Recto
  • Mesa V-Twin
  • Mesa Traditional Rectifier 4x12 Slant Cab
  • Mesa Traditional Rectifier 4x12 Straight Cab
  • Mesa Mini-Recto 1x12 Slant Cab

JAZZGEAR
Single Recto
Posts: 1338
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:21 pm

Re: NAD! Mini-Recto!

Post by JAZZGEAR » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Um? No Pics? I say it didn't happen :shock:
JP-2C LTD ED. Head
Mark IIC+ HRG Head/Combo
Mark IIC+ DR Combo
Mark IIA Combo (F/S)
Mark V Head
Mark V Custom H/W Bubinga Combo (F/S)
Mark IVB Long Head
Mark III 1x12 SimulClass Green Stripe Combo (F/S)

dmraco
Mark II
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:38 am

Re: NAD! Mini-Recto!

Post by dmraco » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:52 am

Tfunk Ian wrote:Just got my Mini-Recto today! Excited to plug'er in and let'er rip! I sold my TA-15 to a colleague of mine to fund it. As much as I liked the TA-15, there are aspects of the Mini-Recto that are more suited to my taste. I like the addition of the Mid Knob, Presence Knob, and Loop, all of which were things I missed on the TA. Next thing is a loop pedal that will bypass the loop and change the channel (will also work with my Mark IIB).
loop pedal? Please explain. Would this be a combo pedal that would control both the channel and loop? This was discussed on another thread. Any info would be great.
Thx

CONGRATS ON THE AMP>>>ENJOY

Tfunk Ian
Mark II
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:03 am

Re: NAD! Mini-Recto!

Post by Tfunk Ian » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:40 am

I have a couple photos I snapped when I first opened it up, but I'm not actually sure how to upload it for you to see.

As far as the Loop pedal goes, yes it would be something that does both change the channel and turn the loop on and off. Loop Master has a few of them, but not EXACTLY what I'm looking for, so I have some people that will make it for me if I want.

That said, I'm still waiting on the Mini-Recto 1x12 slant cab. That hasn't shown up yet, so I'm eagerly awaiting that. I also picked up a Traditional Rectifier cab a couple weeks ago.
Ian
  • Mesa Mark IVa Combo
  • Mesa Mark IIB Combo, Simul, EQ, Verb
  • Mesa Mini-Recto
  • Mesa V-Twin
  • Mesa Traditional Rectifier 4x12 Slant Cab
  • Mesa Traditional Rectifier 4x12 Straight Cab
  • Mesa Mini-Recto 1x12 Slant Cab

JAZZGEAR
Single Recto
Posts: 1338
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:21 pm

Re: NAD! Mini-Recto!

Post by JAZZGEAR » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:14 pm

Tfunk Ian wrote:I have a couple photos I snapped when I first opened it up, but I'm not actually sure how to upload it for you to see.

As far as the Loop pedal goes, yes it would be something that does both change the channel and turn the loop on and off. Loop Master has a few of them, but not EXACTLY what I'm looking for, so I have some people that will make it for me if I want.

That said, I'm still waiting on the Mini-Recto 1x12 slant cab. That hasn't shown up yet, so I'm eagerly awaiting that. I also picked up a Traditional Rectifier cab a couple weeks ago.

Http:www.Photobucket.com

Setup a free account
Upload your pics
Follow the instructions for creating the Img tags for the pics
Copy and paste the link here
And done
JP-2C LTD ED. Head
Mark IIC+ HRG Head/Combo
Mark IIC+ DR Combo
Mark IIA Combo (F/S)
Mark V Head
Mark V Custom H/W Bubinga Combo (F/S)
Mark IVB Long Head
Mark III 1x12 SimulClass Green Stripe Combo (F/S)

User avatar
BenoA
Mark II
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: NAD! Mini-Recto!

Post by BenoA » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Congratz from another Mini owner!
JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA: http://www.soundclick.com/benoa
BenoA's band official web site: http://www.sonicstate.ca
My Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum: http://www.guitarandsound.com

Tfunk Ian
Mark II
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:03 am

Re: NAD! Mini-Recto!

Post by Tfunk Ian » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:40 pm

JAZZGEAR wrote:
Tfunk Ian wrote:I have a couple photos I snapped when I first opened it up, but I'm not actually sure how to upload it for you to see.

As far as the Loop pedal goes, yes it would be something that does both change the channel and turn the loop on and off. Loop Master has a few of them, but not EXACTLY what I'm looking for, so I have some people that will make it for me if I want.

That said, I'm still waiting on the Mini-Recto 1x12 slant cab. That hasn't shown up yet, so I'm eagerly awaiting that. I also picked up a Traditional Rectifier cab a couple weeks ago.

Http:www.Photobucket.com

Setup a free account
Upload your pics
Follow the instructions for creating the Img tags for the pics
Copy and paste the link here
And done
Ah... I was hoping that there would be some sort of actual image uploader for this site, but I guess not. Oh well...

Anywho, here she is: Image
Ian
  • Mesa Mark IVa Combo
  • Mesa Mark IIB Combo, Simul, EQ, Verb
  • Mesa Mini-Recto
  • Mesa V-Twin
  • Mesa Traditional Rectifier 4x12 Slant Cab
  • Mesa Traditional Rectifier 4x12 Straight Cab
  • Mesa Mini-Recto 1x12 Slant Cab

User avatar
BenoA
Mark II
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: NAD! Mini-Recto!

Post by BenoA » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Congratz! Still digging mine!
JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA: http://www.soundclick.com/benoa
BenoA's band official web site: http://www.sonicstate.ca
My Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum: http://www.guitarandsound.com

Tfunk Ian
Mark II
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:03 am

Re: NAD! Mini-Recto!

Post by Tfunk Ian » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:43 pm

Thanks! I literally took the picture right after I pulled it out of the box and put it on my desk at the office (hence the website in the background and the torn up looking wireless mic capsules on the desk LOL). To be honest, I felt a little bad selling the TA-15, but this one works MUCH better for what I do and how my rig is normally set up.

Here's another thing I picked up about two weeks ago. A good buddy of mine in a touring soundguy and owns a rental company, and I got this from him. I'm actually kind of curious to know who it's been out with, just for the sake of it. Anyways, here is my new Traditional Recto 4x12 cab (which is sitting next to a Megadeth road case which isn't in the picture, how's that for a cool piece of history). Maybe one of these days I'll upload a couple shots of the Mark IV and Mark IIB with the Vertical 2x12 cabs. Image
Ian
  • Mesa Mark IVa Combo
  • Mesa Mark IIB Combo, Simul, EQ, Verb
  • Mesa Mini-Recto
  • Mesa V-Twin
  • Mesa Traditional Rectifier 4x12 Slant Cab
  • Mesa Traditional Rectifier 4x12 Straight Cab
  • Mesa Mini-Recto 1x12 Slant Cab

Post Reply