roadster cab vs stiletto cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coupie666

Reaction score
Ok so i've done a little research on a possible 212 cab. Right now i think i am set on pulling the trigger on a recto 212 but in my research i came across the stiletto cab and roadster cab. Now the dimensions are the same, the materials as far as i know are the same, and the speakers are the same. However, according to the mesa weight and dimensions pdf the roadster is 2lbs heavier. Anyone have any insight as to why or how it is 2lbs heavier???!! I thought they were the same cab with different piping? Just curious

A search should turn up a recent thread on the same topic.

The answer is that the difference is cosmetic. The Roadster cab has beefed up edges which you can see in the pictures and that is where the 2 pounds comes from.

ok thanks for that dude. i thought the only difference was the black/silver piping hence my confusion!

Not sure, but I've heard from some people that the internals (perhaps porting) is differently between the two...

Both boxes are sealed, there is no porting.

Mesa have stated that the difference is only in the looks

J.J said:
Both boxes are sealed, there is no porting.

Mesa have stated that the difference is only in the looks

Okely dokely. I too was very confused when I saw the specs of both and couldn't figure out what was the difference besides weight... :lol:

Latest posts

Back